Real estate investing can be a viable way to build wealth, but you need to have a plan and know exactly what you’re getting into. This episode of The Money Guy Show provides one of the most honest assessments of real estate investing you’ll find online. We’ll dive deep into strategic ways you can use this valuable asset to your advantage, but also, we’ll give you a dose of reality that’s not on the shiny brochure!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The pros and cons to 6 types of real estate investing
- Home ownership
- Passive via portfolio
- Residential rental properties
- Commercial real estate
- Private real estate deal
- Land development
- Why real estate investing should not be considered a passive income source
- How to strategically leverage the power of real estate investing instead of getting ripped off
- How to tell it’s the right time for you to invest in real estate
- Tax benefits to take advantage of when buying real estate
Research and resources from this episode:
- Influence & Lobbyist: Interest Groups (OpenSecrets.org)
- Influence & Lobbyist: Finance/Insurance/Real Estate (OpenSecrets.org)
- Net Worth by Age Calculator for the United States (DQYDJ)
- Asset Class Returns (Portfolio Visualizer)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!