Fear is a great sales tool. With every swing of the market, that fear grows, and your need to be educated on financial terms and strategies increases along with it. Before you get pitched on an annuity to calm your financial fears, use this episode to educate yourself!
Not every annuity or financial salesman is bad, but we’ve seen too many consumers be taken advantage of with this financial tool. This episode explains everything you need to know about annuities: what they are, how they work, and how to tell if you’re getting ripped off.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The two types of annuities and how they differ
- The difference between variable and fixed annuity fees
- The downside of annuities (What they’re not telling you on the glossy brochure!)
- How to tell if you’re making a bad investment
Research and resources from this episode:
- Fixed Annuity Rates for April 2020 (Blueprint Income)
- Indexed Annuity (Investopedia)
- Index Annuities (Save Wealth)
- Equity-Indexed Annuity (Investopedia)
- Indexed annuities: Look before you leap (Fidelity)
- A shopper’s guide to annuity fees (Fidelity)
- Mortality and Expense Risk Charge (Investopedia)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!