When it comes to investing, do you ever find yourself reacting to the media headlines? If you spend even one day listening to financial news updates, you could be convinced that you need to do something drastic to combat the doom and gloom that’s perpetuated by industry ‘gurus.’ Fear is often the driving emotion behind bad financial decisions, and we don’t want you to total your financial life because of such peer pressure.
You (and any other investor) are told on a daily basis by the financial media to follow the herd and invest your money in this or that, or worse… sell when things seem scary. In this week’s episode, we talk about how even when there’s good news the media somehow wraps it up in negativity. Don’t be misled in your financial life.
Tune in to this show and find out:
- How you can protect yourself against the crazy headlines and fear-mongering that can lead to poor financial decisions
- Why Brian was known as a “Danger Ranger” in his youth
- Case studies from personal life, history, and current events that reveal the emotional pressure of bad influences and peer pressure
- Why you have to be careful about what you take from the financial media
- What investors can learn from 2000 and 2008
- The role risk capacity plays in your financial well-being
- Are we in a brand new financial paradigm?
- Why you shouldn’t worry about a downturn if you’re building your financial plan based on your age, what you need, and your personal goals
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected]. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll get immediate access to 15 of our most recent shows, plus you’ll get future podcasts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.