We feel like the masked magician – revealing all the secrets about the financial advisor industry!
Whether it’s learning how to spot conflicts of interest to catching major red flags, we’re going to reveal exactly how the wealth management world operates. We’ll share our own code of ethics, conflicts of interest, and fee structure, along with advice on how to vet your own financial advisor.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to feel confident and prepared when shopping for a financial advisor
- What designations, experience, and track record you should look for in an advisor
- Words and phrases to help you spot a crook
- Common conflicts of interest and how to navigate them
- When it’s the right time to hire a financial advisor
Research and resources from this episode:
- 8 Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor (The Money Guy Show)
- Personal Financial Advisors (BLS)
- CFP® Professional Demographics (CFP® Board)
- Portfolio managers shun investing in own funds (Financial Times)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!