Why does starting a small business sound so “sexy” by today’s standards?
Social media and self-help empires make taking the leap and being your own boss sound wildly appealing, but is it really worth the risk? Let’s break down lots of financial statistics about business owners, along with our best advice as small business owners ourselves. You’ll leave feeling equipped to know the pros from the cons and motivated to make the decisions that are right for you.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why entrepreneurship looks so sexy
- Whether or not starting a small business will help you build wealth
- 3 questions to help you know when YOU should start a small business
- The pros and cons of owning a business
- What happens when you take the road less traveled
Research and resources from this episode:
- Wealth Distribution, the Financial Crisis and Entrepreneurship (UNU-WIDER)
- 15 Reasons You Should Start Your Own Small Business Today (Inc.)
- The True Failure Rate of Small Businesses (Entrepreneur)
- The 5 Biggest Challenges to Starting a Business (and How to Overcome Them) (Business.com)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.