One of our biggest issues with the financial industry is when products are sold to consumers and investors through fear tactics. And while there are instances where fear is a natural motivator behind certain financial products, such as having a will if you have dependent children, not every financial decision should be based on fear.
There are many financial products out there designed to help you achieve financial goals. Understanding your needs and the purpose financial tools can serve is paramount to you making wise decisions about your finances.
Tune in to this week’s short episode of The Money Guy Show to find out which financial products are generally sold with fear-based tactics and how you can safeguard yourself against them.
Here is what you will find out in this week’s episode:
- The 5 financial products most commonly sold through fear (**Spoiler** We delve into annuities, whole life insurance, credit monitoring, extended warranties, and gold)
- How these financial products are positioned to consumers and why people tend to get sold on them
- What these financial products are intended to “solve” or address for consumers
- What to consider before buying one of these financial products
- How to know if any of these products makes sense for your situation
- The 3 methods you can use to safeguard yourself against fear: Insure, Eliminate, Accept (you’ll have to tune in to hear us explain how these work!)
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense with the Money Guys
This show would not be what it is today without the support of our wonderful listeners. We strive to continue making the show better and your feedback is an important part of that process.
If you have any questions/suggestions/comments/concerns (or just want to say hi!), feel free to reach out to us: [email protected] and [email protected]. You can also join the conversation on Facebook or connect on Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, be sure to join our community! You’ll never miss special announcements and offers, plus you’ll get future podcasts and blog posts delivered straight to your inbox so you can get in on the action right away.