Investing in yourself through education is often quoted as “one of the best investments you can make”… but is it true? Let’s examine the current system along with education of all types to help you assess which type is worth it for YOU and which is not. The love of learning is powerful. We want to help you harness it and turn it into both fulfillment and an awesome army of dollar bills!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Which types of education provide the greatest financial returns
- How to decide if a certain type of degree is financially worth it for you
- How to handle college the “right” way
- When higher education may NOT be the right choice
- Life-changing education opportunities that could take your finances to the next level
- Free (or cheap) ways to educate yourself on things that matter
Research and resources from this episode:
- The Three Norms Analysis: Technical Background (Brookings)
- U.S. student debt has increased by more than 100% over the past 10 years (CNBC)
- Here’s how much college cost the year you were born (CNBC)
- College Grads Salary (Zip Recruiter)
- A Look at the Shocking Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2021 (Student Loan Hero/Lending Tree)
- Only 27% of College Grads Have a Job Related to Their Major (Washington Post)
- The top 10 master’s degrees that are worth the money (grow)
- Nearly a third of the world’s billionaires didn’t graduate college (Make It)
- Considering Becoming a Content Creator in 2021? Statistics Say You Should (Joseph Anderson)
- 5 Motivational Quotes About Being a Lifelong Learner (Growth Freaks)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.