Since the advent of the FIRE movement several decades ago, we have never experienced a period of higher inflation until now. With the market down over 20% and inflation at 40-year highs, is FIRE still possible in 2022? If it is, what does it take to become financially independent and retire early? In this episode, we’ll discuss how the FIRE movement has changed and what is harming (and helping) your chances of FIRE in 2022.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The truth about the FIRE Movement
- If the FIRE Movement is still possible
- What is helpful in the FIRE journey
- How to figure out your WHY
- The biggest variable to achieving financial independence
Research and resources from this episode:
- Retire early with crypto? Playing with FIRE
- Portfolio Income Update – Half Year to June 30, 2022
- Upwork Study Finds 22% of American Workforce Will Be Remote by 2025
- Chart: Remote work is disappearing as more people return to the office
- FRED U.S. National Home Price Index
- Average age of first-time homeowners remains high
- Advanced maternal age
- Updated Trinity Study for 2022 – More Withdrawal Rates!
- Work with us
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.