Throughout every decade, there are different areas of your financial life that come in and out of focus. In this episode, we’ll discuss what you need to focus on by age, pitfalls to watch out for, and how to know you’re doing it right.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The five tiers and considerations of the financial planning pyramid (cash flow, risk management, investing, tax planning, and estate planning)
- What each tier should look like at your age (20s, 30s, 40s, and 50s)
- Common pitfalls and missed opportunities in each decade
Research and resources from this episode:
- Bankrate’s 2023 Annual Emergency Savings Report
- NAR Finds Shares of First-Time Home Buyers Smaller, Older Than Ever Before
- Most Used Cars Are Now Selling for Less than MSRP (Jalopnik)
- 15.7% of New Car Buyers in Q4 2022 Paid Over $1,000 Per Month (GM Authority)
- State of the Automotive Finance Market Q3 2022 (Experian)
- Job unhappiness is at a staggering all-time high, according to Gallup (CNBC)
- 43 Incredible Job Satisfaction Statistics (2023): Average Job Satisfaction in the U.S. (Zippia)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Sign up for our Know Your Number Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Tik Tok!