The Messy Middle is what we call that period in-between high school or college and middle age. It’s when your responsibilities and obligations are many and your time and money are few. You may be purchasing your first home, having children, and getting married in the messy middle.
Research and resources from this episode:
- Median Age At First Marriage
- Fertility Rates: Declined for Younger Women, Increased for Older Women
- Statistics and trends for beginning investors 2023
- NAR Finds Share of First Time Home Buyers Smaller, Older Than Ever Before
- The Downside of Having an Athlete in The Family
- How Much It Costs One Family for a Year of Competitive Dance
- All Star Cheer Costs a Fortune, But I Pay For It Anyway. Here’s Why
- Paying to Play: How Much Do Club Sports Cost?
- Parents With Young Children Spend Average of $731 Annually on Kids’ Extracurriculars, and Majority Believe It’ll Lead to Income or Career
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Sign up for our Know Your Number Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.