The holidays are almost upon us. Regular Money-Guy listeners will know this is the time if year we love to mention the various ways we enjoy stretching our dollars and scoring deals ahead of the holiday shopping season.
If you want to learn how to take advantage of sales year-round — and not just during the holidays — then you’ll want to tune into this episode. We’re covering 3 simple but often overlooked ways you can make your money go 3 to 5% farther than the rest of your peers.
Before we jump in, we want to share how appreciative we are of all the emails and comments we receive from listeners. By day, we’re fee-only financial planners, and we always want to help our audience get ahead with their money. You can always reach out to brian [at] money-guy.com or bo [at] money-guy.com if you need us.
Ready for these 3 simple tricks we personally use to save more money?
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to cut your lifestyle back without feeling the burn
- Strategies we’ve used to shop around for insurance
- Whether or not it’s risky to insure your assets with one company
- The secrets of the triple threat online savings plan
- Three savings portals you can use online to get cash back when you shop
- What techniques to use in stores to save money
- How using a store card can give you a discount you won’t find anywhere else
- Why Brian always looks for a certain box at online check-outs
- How “when and where you do life” matters, especially if you have kids
- Citi Double Cash
- Discover it Card
- Fidelity Investment Rewards American Express Card
- Moneylooms.com – Allen Foster’s blog
Tune In and Go Beyond Common Sense With the Money-Guys
Thank you for being a listener of The Money-Guy Show. Don’t forget, we’re expanding (big things are coming!), and we’d love to hear from you if you need a financial planner on your side. You can email brian [at] money-guy.com or bo [at] money-guy.com, or follow us on social media via Facebook or Twitter @MoneyGuyPodcast.
Did you love the tips we had on saving money in this episode? Then you’ll want to join our community so you never miss an episode. You’ll receive the latest podcast episodes directly in your inbox!