Consider this your graduate degree in how to make FIRE a reality! Folks in the F.I.R.E (Financially Independent, Retire Early) Movement are set on retiring in their 30s or 40s. So much of this movement is about motivation, but we want to make sure you understand the nuts and bolts of your plan so the wheels don’t fall off! (Don’t worry – we’ll motivate you, too!)
Even if you’re not part of the FIRE movement, you’ll be putting this show in The Money Guy hall of fame! It’s chock full of helpful information on withdrawal rates, retirement account structures, and how to retire with purpose!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to figure out your Safe Withdrawal Rate
- Non-negotiable planning strategies you need for retirement
- How to calculate whether or not your retirement plan will be successful
- How to structure your accounts for early retirement
- How Sequence of Return and Distribution risks factor into your plan
- Downsides of the FIRE movement you need to prepare for!
Research and resources from this show:
- The Money Guy Resource Page
- Withdrawal rates (Portfolio Charts)
- Food Shopping Behavior During the Great Recession (NBER)
- How does consumer spending change during boom, recession, and recovery? (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Safe Withdrawal Rates (EarlyRetirementNow.com)
- Women’s and men’s earnings by age in 2016 (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.