The real estate market is white hot. Prices are up, interest rates are low, and people are clamoring to get their foot in the real estate door in many cities. Whether buying, selling, or renting, it can be hard to decide which option is best for you and how to do it right. This episode walks you through the financial factors you need to consider when making housing decisions at every age!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The pros and cons of renting vs. buying
- Practical guidelines for buying your first home (without putting 20% down!)
- How to decide whether to sell or upgrade your home
- Home upgrades that give you the most bang for your buck
- Where second homes and properties fit into a smart financial plan
Research and resources from this episode:
- Historical price of lumber (Yahoo Finance)
- How Much Should You Budget for Home Maintenance? (American Family Insurance)
- Young Homebuyers Are Vanishing From the U.S. (Bloomberg)
- 12 Most-Bang-for-Your-Buck Home Improvement Projects (Family Handyman)
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!