College costs in America have skyrocketed over the last few decades, as has the total student loan debt in the country. In this episode, we’ll talk about why college in America is broken, what went wrong, and how you can do college the right way.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why college has become less affordable
- How this affects the average American
- What you need to know before your kid goes to college
- The best ways to save for college
- Practical guidance on how to not fall into common student loan debt traps
- Creative ways to pay for college
Research and resources from this episode:
- A Look at the Shocking Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2022
- Trends in College Pricing and Student Aid 2021
- College students expect to make $103,880 after graduation – almost twice the reality
- Agglomeration and Job Matching among College Graduates
- College is more expensive than it’s ever been, and the 5 reasons why suggest it’s only going to get worse
- The Bennett Hypothesis Confirmed – Again
- Financial Aid Statistics
- Education Statistics
- Historic Endowment Study Data
- The Top 529 Education Savings Plans of 2021
- 529 Plan Tax Benefits
- What is the Financial Value of my Degree?
- Planning to open a 529 for a grandchild
- Work with us
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Tik Tok!