The Millionaire Next Door came out in 1996 – $1 million back then is nearly $2 million today. Is $1 million still wealthy? Is it enough to retire on? We break down how much you really need to be rich by age!
Research and resources from this episode:
- Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers
- Private Pension Plan Bulletin Historical Tables and Graphs
- Social Security Funds to Run Dry by 2035? Here’s How to Prepare
- Here’s how much money it takes to be considered wealthy in 13 major U.S. cities
- What is the average Social Security check?
- Policy Basics: Top Ten Facts about Social Security
- How Much Do Companies Typically Match on 401(k) in 2022?
- One Third of Workers Are Making A Big Mistake With Their 401(k)
- The Economics of Marriage and Divorce
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Sign up for our Know Your Number Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.