Navigating the world of fee structures, letter designations, and financial strategy can be daunting. In this episode, we take the guesswork out of this big decision. Let’s break down how to know it’s time to recruit the help of an advisor and whether or not they have your best interest at heart!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What type of financial advisors exist and what they do
- How to sort through the “alphabet soup” of financial designations
- 3 signs that it’s time to recruit the help of a financial advisor
- What services you should look for in a financial advisor
- Why compensation models matters
- How to uncover conflicts of interest
Research and resources from this episode:
- The Value of a Financial Advisor (The Money Guy Blog)
- Personal Financial Advisors (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- CFP® Professional Demographics (CFP® Board)
- The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- The Top 3 Financial Advisor Credentials (Investopedia)
- CFA Institute
- What kind of credentials should a planner have? (CNN)
- Ask and Check (Investor.gov)
- Ten Questions to Ask Your Financial Advisor (CFP)
Enjoy the Show?
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram!