Nearly 60% of Americans can’t come up with $1,000 in an emergency. Even more are living paycheck-to-paycheck. Why are Americans so bad with money? In this episode, we’ll discuss mistakes the average American makes with money and what you can do differently.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Shocking data that shows why Americans are broke
- What things you should focus on when it comes to building your wealth
- Money Guy tips to manage your money well
Research and resources from this episode:
- As inflation heats up, 64% of Americans are now living paycheck to paycheck
- Survey: Less than half of Americans have savings to cover a $1,000 surprise expense
- Why Are So Many Households Unable to Cover a $400 Unexpected Expense?
- Mortgage interest rates from 1st quarter 2019 to 4th quarter 2021 in the United States, by mortgage term
- Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers: All Items in U.S. City Average
- Consumer Debt Continued to Grow in 2021 Amid Economic Uncertainty
- A Look at the Shocking Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2022
- Average credit card interest rates: Week of June 1, 2022
- Average Credit Card Debt in America: 2021
- What’s the Average Length of a Car Loan?
- A $45,000 Loan for a $27,000 Ride: More Borrowers Are Going Underwater on Car Loans
- You’re spending more on your subscription services than you think
- Work with us
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.