Are you doing better than the average American at saving in your 401(k)? We’ll talk about basics of a 401(k), including new limits, employer matches, and vesting schedules, how many millionaires are created by 401(k)s, and of course the average 401(k) balance by age.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The basics of a 401(k)
- The average 401(k) balance of Americans in every age group
- How much you need to be investing each month in order to reach millionaire status by age 65
Research and resources from this episode:
- One-Third of American Workers Are Leaving Free Money on the Table
- 401(k) Plan Research: FAQs
- Fidelity Building Financial Futures Report
Enjoy the Show?
- Sign up for the Financial Order of Operation (FOO) Online Course!
- Sign up for our Know Your Number Course!
- Check out our Net Worth Tool!
- Get FREE downloads full of financial advice from our Resource Page!
- Subscribe on YouTube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- Send us your questions or share your story.
If you have any questions (or just want to say hi!), join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Tik Tok!